Tuesday 2 March 2010

as i said in my previous post, here are pictures of my recovery so far:



this was the day after the op (day 1), it looks a lot worse than it was, the plaster was there because of the genioplasty & i was pretty out of it due to the morphine.














this is day 3 & my first day home, my jaw was held in place by a splint, this kept my mouth open, this was definatley my worst day, i was feeling really sorry for myself & wondering why i had put myself through all this !









This is day 6 & my first day out the house (to see my os). you can see the bruising goes right down my chest. things started to get better from here.
















this is day 8, still quite swollen & sore, not sleeping too good either. my lips were definately the worst, lots of vasaline & tcp helped.










day 15, the swelling has gone down a lot, i'm eating & drinking better & definately starting to
see the benefits.






day 27, as you can see still a bit swollen but really happy with the results. i have a profile !!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I just read your blog. You have done a great job in documenting everything. I like your pictures. If you read my blog, then you know I am past my one year mark. Everything is going well. It still seems like yesterday when I was so swollen. You can see my swollen pictures in the early part of my blog. I am glad you are doing well. Day by day, you will feel better and you will be glad you went through with the surgery. I know I am. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have been checking out your blog. I am scheduled for the same surgery as you. How are you feeling? It's been a while since you've posted. How was your recovery?

    ReplyDelete